venerdì 11 settembre 2009

VFNO @ Milan.

The afternoon before VFNO should be the best ever: i'm famous for being crazy before a social event, like, preparing myself 24 hours before, but yesterday something was wrong, and i just couldn't get in the mood. I was not excited, and that terrified me. It's just that things kept on going wrong. First my daddy had to go to the ER because he had something in one eye. Then my auntie calls and says she's not gonna come because she was sick and had to come home from work early. So without my aunti and with my daddy's impossibility to drive us there, i was seeing the worst scenarios just before my eyes. Then i discover that since my aunti is not gonna come, we can go there earlier, so i have to prepare myself at the speed of light. I am fully dressed wearing my DiY cherry red high waist skirt, white shirt and short black blazer with shoulder pads, all matched with my studded headband and clutch, when i discover that the only shoes that could match the outfit are suddenly TOO BiG. Like my feet are shrinking. I'm on the edge of a nervous breakdown and i burst itno tears for the zillionth time. My father looks like hook captain with thig huge white thing on half his face and he, the least fashionable person, with the ugliest wardrobe ever, shopping hater and celebrities despiser, plus fashion total iGNORANT, is going to come with ME to VFNO. Then my outfit doesn't work. My nailpolish keeps on screwing without any conceivable reason. I'm going crazy. VFNO is, until now, nothing like i'd expected.

So i pull out my usual black pants, a long sleeved grey zara t-shirt with sequins, my blazer, and put on zara heeled shoes and i'm ready for it. But i'm not content at all.

Once in the car, on my way to Milan, the radio is going crazy with VFNO. They have reporters at Giorgio Armani and they're very excited. I'm feeling shivers. I'm going to an event they're talking to ON THE RADiO. this is the hugest thing in my life.
We park our car and take the metro and get to Piazza del Duomo. it's just the beginning. I suggest the first of many out-of-schedule stops, at H&M: I'm doing this because a) my mom needs to buy a VFNO tee for her friend and b) i'm sweating like a PONY since Milan is proving to have a tropical micro climate and i need to buy myself a tank or something to survive the night.
That was the beginning of the fun. That H&M is huge and i kept going upstairs and downstairs hurriedly looking for a suitable tank, not having time to choose a proper one. In the end i got that nice silk blouse, very loose and comfy and a nice colour, between silver and pink, and black ankle boots...and no tee for my mom's friend. There was an endless queue for the Changing Rooms but i am a smart person, so i went out of H&M and spotted what i was looking for: tezenis, an underwear shop, it was empty except for the workers so i took the first bra i saw and headed towards the Chaning rooms where i changed my heavy long sleeved tee for the comfy silk blouse and confidently walked out the shop. It was too much fun, LOL.
I headed towards the richest Zone of Milan, the one hosting all the fashion boutiques, and THERE was the real party. Via Montenapoleone was a stream of people. But not "whoever" people. I was soon to realise that. I went in loads of shops. Louis Vuitton was first. A photographer gifted me a polaroid of myself in front of a shelf full of LV suitcases. That's hung on my fridge next to the ones of me with Abercrombie's Model. Then came Gucci. If louis Vuitton was amazing, i could actually see the new season clothes and i saw, you know, that dress madonna bravely showed up in.. Gucci was even better. There were models with the new season clothes. They were stunning. I had never seen haute fashion models in reality and they looked gorgeous. They were so effin tall!! I felt even shorter than usual, if possible, though i was wearing my 11cm heels. Then at some point i am wandering in the shop and this guy all dressed up comes offering me chocolate. No, wait, look better. that's a GUCCi PRiNT on the chocolate!! I smile and take one and i'm afraid to eat it, because god, there's a gucci pattern on it. My mom and dad, of course, have already eaten it, without even realising. They were complaining earlier on for they empty stomachs and were actually hoping to eat. I tried to tell them that , really, no one ever eats at fashion events.They were skeptical, thinking i was being cynical as per usual. Now they were beginning to realise i was not. we went forward and spotted Iceberg. It wasn't on my schedule either: but, oh, fuck the schedule, i needed to buy that VFNO tee. I drank champagne and there was a stylist sat down on a couch behind me, lazily talking to two friends. I was drinking champagne, in a boutique, with a stylist that near while a handsome guy was wrapping up two tees for me ( yeah i couldn't resist i bought one for me too ). It was surreal, and i was behaving, like..Normal. I felt in my own dimension.
Out of iceberg we saw an unbelievable crowd in front of versace. I couldn't understand why. and then i saw it. There were photographers, reporters, i saw HER HAiR. DONATELLA in person was there. I went crazy. I gave all my bags to my dad, and was determined to go up there. my mom thought it impossible. I din't. I made my way up there and actually saw the italian director of Vogue and the Milan Major ( a woman ) going out of the boutique. I was shoulder to shoulder with the most important tv reporters. Then i suddenly was inside. There were more celebs than real people in it. and there was donatella, taking photos with people. by the time i got to her, i didn't have a chance to take a photo with her, because she did have to go. i couldn't even open my mouth to ask her for an autograph. I was happy. I went out and saw other plenty of italian celebrities. My tour continued. yves saint laurent, then Dior. At Dior they shot me amazing photos on a couch with a ginormous cream Dior bag. But i've got to go and claim them form wednesday on. and then came Pucci. at Pucci i asked a girl for the price of a silk scarf. They were in limited edition so i thought they were at popular price. How silly of me. When she easily said it was 210€ i acted normal but was thinking now how can i get rid of her without making it obivious that i don't mean to spend so much for a silk scarf? then the magic happened. The girl disappeared: i went upstairs and then after a while went downstairs again and walked out of the shop, in hysterical laughter. God that was so much fun.
i've been in so many shops, drunk so much champagne, that i actually find it hard to remember exactly what i did let alone in which order. I only know that i've seen Eva Cavalli peasedly sat down out of Just Cavalli where i bought a beautiful foulard and, again...drank champagne.
That i've been to Chanel, where they made me a "tatoo" with their logo and gifted me two "bracelets" sprayed with limited edition perfumes. And that i've drunk pear juice.
it's been the greatest night of my entire existence. And, just now, my friend told me that he's seen me in television. In television for god's sake!!! I have missed it!!! that means tonight i'll have to watch every service on VFNO because I'M iN iT!!! can you believe it!?!? Hell as soon as they publish it on their website i'm giving you all the link.


i'm on television.

















[ Amazing fiat fake cars....with plants planted in them! ]


[ Donatella @ versace's. ]




[another italian celeb, Alessia Marcuzzi, @ versace's ]



[ Pucci's entrance. ]







[ Chanel Tatoo!]




[ chanel bracelet]


[ My make up for the night]


[Just Cavalli Shopping bag....]

[ H&M shopping bag ]


[Iceberg shopping bag]

[Me taking silly photos in my car while listening to Lady Gaga's paparazzi on the radio! ]

15 commenti:

  1. You look so gorgeous, and how lucky you are to attend such an amazing event.... wow. Love the Chanel tattoo!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the fabulous story and pictures, I envy you so much!!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Ahh, I LOVED reading this! I'd been looking forward to it & actually wondering how it went for you.

    I miss Milan eventhough the last time I was there I didn't like it.

    RispondiElimina
  3. Hi everyone i just wanted to say that i now have the link to the video where i was shown today on television!!! :D i don't know how long it will last, i think at least 24 hours, hopefully longer :D
    here it is:
    http://www.video.mediaset.it/mplayer.html?sito=studioaperto&data=2009/09/11&id=46417&from=aggregatore_programmi_studioaperto_2008
    i'm just out of Versace so i'm right after Donatella's interview, in the low part of the screen, on the left! haha i have such a STUPiD face LOL the woman with red hair next to me is my mum that somehow managed to follow me in that crowd LOL.

    Oh thank you so much girls, eva, i adore you and your blog i love the things you write and the way you wirte them SO much <3 you're a sweet girl!! :D And may i say that...Milan is actually far nicer by night, ESPECiALLY during this fashion period. It manages to look a bit squalid by day, that's true.

    RispondiElimina
  4. AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! LUCKY! I'm glad things turned out for the better, and I am SO jealous you get to live in the best fashion country ever! Ah I want to go back so badddd! You look so pretty
    PS I hope your dad and aunt feel better soon!

    PPS about someone taking my pics, haha it only started recently, and it's because i made a deal with her lol.

    RispondiElimina
  5. Great pictures!

    Looks like a lot of fun!

    RispondiElimina
  6. How amazing! It's sounds like you had the best time ever :)

    Love the Chanel bracelet, given at the store(?) how fabulous.
    I was out too, had a good night but not as good as yours.

    See you

    RispondiElimina
  7. Elisabeth u're so sweet! My daddy is better already while my auntie..well, she's on a nervous breakdown, bet she'll come out of it. She's a tough one :D. Haha i'm glad you believe italy is the greatest fashion country! :D

    Eri yes, the bracelet wa s a free gift, it's actually a very cheap thing consisting of..well some unkown precarious unstable materials but i will worship it like it were platinum made for the rest of my existence!!

    RispondiElimina
  8. thanks for stopping by my blog.the idea for graduation gift is pretty good.a chanel bag is a glorious substitute for a car! i could also ask it for my 18th bd. good luck with ur chanel!!

    RispondiElimina
  9. LOVED reading this post! I really wish I could have gone to a VFNO! It sounds like you had so much fun and i can't believe you saw Donatella!!! Your makeup looks gorgeous by the way!

    RispondiElimina
  10. ahh donatella! looks like you had an amazing evening! lol i wanted to see anna wintour here, but i was at work when she was around signing things. your makeup is super pretty :)

    RispondiElimina
  11. OMG you are so lucky!I will die to be able to see donatella.

    RispondiElimina
  12. hello, fellow aquarius. how awesome that you were on television! so lucky!

    RispondiElimina
  13. I loved reading this!Amazing post!

    RispondiElimina
  14. cute flats! :)
    http://hellomisschic.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina

I LOVE all of your comments and they're my vitamines :D i'm very fond of all of you! Thank you, a LOT.