sabato 3 ottobre 2009

Woha, Woha...What's going on with Balmain!?

As a person, I do have rules. Speaking of which, probably the most important one is Always Be Coherent. Always stick to your ideas. But I have to admit that i have one peculiarity: My sense of CRiTiCiSM goes far beyond any rules or restrictions and CANNOT be corrupted by anything. When I start criticising, i can't stop, i'm like an avalanche. And i start to spit poison. I DO realise i'm MEAN and Straight-To-The-Point but despite hating this, i smile to myself thinking that this will probably make my fortune. However, this excursus was made to be clear about what i'm going to say.
Main point here.
Balmain.
Balmain has been my one and only god for the past two seasons. And normally, you act in defence of your God whatever happens. But [ there is always a 'but' ]. My disappointment in seeing the new collection has fallen over me out of nowhere, and despite a first resolution to act cool but never bite the hand that feeds me, words came to my throat and spilled out against my own will. Before i could know it, i was spitting my poison on the new collection.
Hell. I hate myself for saying so, but this collection really came out WRONG! I like that Balmain always stays Balmain, but that was fine until it seriously had been so. Now it looks as though a moltitude of hungry rats had managed to enter the Balmain studio and ruined all the clothes. I don't like the way it looks. All those holes, all that khaki+black or brown. Nay.
All the same, i have found some pieces i liked.
Here is the pieces i LOATHED the most.
It makes the model look deformed! Too much leather for a SUMMER collection. And that golden irregular skirt!?
But here is the look i loved the most. The military coat looks stunning.


9 commenti:

  1. meow
    ha ha love this post
    i have to say i had the opposite rection to this collection-yeah the top look liquid plastic Lamé skirt and top are quite wrong on a whole bunch of levels but, i think i prefer this two the last two seasons, forthe same reasons you seem to hate it, first colour, yeah its a bit dark for summer but light blue acid was jeans only look good on model like frames. second the sequins were done and redone and done again fashion/art should always get better or worse even but never stay the same there is nothing worse than becoming predictable esp as almost every one copied his looks for fall 09. its a good thing to stay a head, and lead the trends. and and about the rats well Decarnin is not the only one with ripped clothes take prada and jill sander there was a lot of rippage their perhaps its a reaction to the financial times in the great depression ripped clothes were a reality for many americans may be thats where the inspiration comes from. and lastly i love the love the black leather pant look although i prob look as bad in these as i did in the light denim i am much more willing to give this pallete a go it seems so much forgiving to the body althogh it is a little too..wang/william rust/wasson/

    RispondiElimina
  2. Ahaha that was funny, I agree I get that way too sometimes. And Balmain... There some looks that I really, really liked and thought were cool. But then some of the stuff I was so over. Like the gross, ratty, holey t-shirts? ickk

    RispondiElimina
  3. oops..what is this? i cant believe that this collection is balmain.i havent seen it yet, but these 2 outfits are pretty bad.i dont know what's wrong.maybe lack of inspiration.but we must also think that a designer cant always create fabulous collections likable by everyone.so i still love balmain.we all have bad moments. i think cant stop critisizing too.haha

    RispondiElimina
  4. It was probably not the best one i've seen but not the worst one either. I totally agree, they could have done it so much better, but there were pieces that were stunning.

    Great post btw dear!

    RispondiElimina
  5. I was disspointed,but somewhere deep inside my soul I asked myself about the moment when Balmania begins to fade away.I think this is the start of it.But I liked the coat you showed and a dress(on Greya Beha).In fact I was thinking about making such a dress(but in black) this spring,but realised it`s totally not my style.

    Also hate the golden tanks,they looked soo untidy...

    RispondiElimina
  6. hello how are you Tania, well at first I have to admit, that the collection was nothing like what I expected.... and was a little in shock, after absorbing it all i actually realized there were pieces I really loved. I loved the metalic deep U neck tanks, and the metalics slim pants, the mix of textures, and majority of the slim pant aoutfits.... however I have to admit I was not a big fan of the dresses, there was about a total of 2 or three that I loved, but i have to admit I DID NOT like the fairy/jagged looking hemlines on some of the dresses....and some of the shades of green used..as well. but over all I feel like its still exiting, and very Balmain..and I did love portions of it! I will do a Balmain post soon on my blog! :)

    aRi

    RispondiElimina
  7. I don't like Balmain'snew collection. we've already seen that..but it also like, horrible! Thanks there are other designers that let us see something beautiful.
    xxx

    RispondiElimina
  8. I dont know,I liked the collection.It wasnt one of Decarnin`s best collections,but it was still very Balmain.The only thing I am not the biggest fan of are holes.There was just too many of them....Oh and khaki...not my color!
    Great post,dear! :)

    RispondiElimina
  9. Hiii girl :) Sorry for such a late response! I'm not sure, I think I was randomly clicking through blogs hehe.

    -xtina
    www.thisisxtina.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina

I LOVE all of your comments and they're my vitamines :D i'm very fond of all of you! Thank you, a LOT.